Come out out to a Gen180 event! Missed one? View past events and watch their recaps and recordings.
You are invited to an electric school bus demonstration event hosted by Virginia Clean Cities, Generation180, Community Climate Collaborative, and Blue Bird Buses of Virginia on Friday, November 5th at noon at the Albemarle County Office Building parking lot.
At the event, you will be able to explore and ride an electric school bus provided by Blue Bird, learn about grant funding from the state, and hear from local school districts that are electrifying their school bus fleets.
Please share this invitation with your school district superintendents, transportation directors, school bus drivers and mechanics, and other local leaders who are interested in learning about funding and operating this clean transportation technology at your school district.
Location: Albemarle County Office Building, 401 McIntire Rd, Charlottesville, VA 22902, Visitor parking lot near the EV charging stations
Date: Friday, November 5, 2021 at 12:00pm – 1:00pm
- Tish Tablan, Generation180
- Sarah Stalcup, Virginia Clean Cities
- Deborah Coles, Louisa County Public Schools
- Jim Foley, Albemarle County Public Schools
- Diantha McKeel, Albemarle County Board of Supervisors
- Greg McCalmon, Blue Bird Buses of Virginia
12:00-12:20 Welcome and Speakers
12:20 -12:40 Box lunches are served. Opportunity to explore the electric school bus and talk with Blue Bird Buses and staff from Albemarle County Public Schools and Louisa County Public Schools.
12:40-1:00 Rides on the electric school bus (mask required)
- Boxed lunch is provided for guests who register in advance by Wed, November 2.
- This is an outdoor and socially-distanced event. Masks are strongly encouraged while outside and required while riding the bus.