Electrify Your Ride / Virginia Drives Electric 2022
Virginia Drives Electric Report Update 2022
Virginians Support Electric Vehicles & Clean Energy
This report update highlights findings from Generation180’s fourth annual survey designed to explore continued perceptions of electric vehicles among Virginians. This survey was conducted to better understand perceptions around electric vehicles and clean energy. Find out more inside of our 2022 report update, including new findings that indicate that Virginians are overwhelmingly in favor of clean energy and electric mobility, programs that will continue to accelerate the adoption of electric vehicles.
The majority of Virginians support electric vehicles
- 73% of Virginians think it is important for Virginia to reduce its dependence on fossil fuels and transition to clean energy.
- 68% of Virginians have a positive view of electric vehicles.
- 55% of Virginians are likely to consider an electric vehicle for their next car.
- 55% of Virginians indicated that the potential for new jobs and economic developments in Virginia would be a factor when considering the purchase of an electric vehicle.
- 69% of Virginians support Virginia offering an EV incentive.