April 25 @ 8:30 am - 10:00 am
Solar Tour at Steelton-Highspire School District
Join us as we tour Steelton-Highspire School District’s solar array with special guests: Representative Elizabeth Fiedler and Representative Dave Madsen.
Representative Fiedler will discuss the Solar for Schools Grant Program (HB137), which she introduced to make solar more accessible and affordable for K-12 schools and community colleges. Superintendent Mick Iskric will explain how renewable energy has helped Steelton-Highspire manage its budget, avoid increasing taxes, and kick-start its journey to energy independence. He will share the opportunities solar has provided the school, community, and students. The district will also discuss how they are furthering their commitment to clean energy through the electrification of their bus fleet through the EPA Clean School Bus Program.
McClure Company, the project developer, will share project-specific details to help your district understand the process of transitioning to solar with no upfront costs. They’ll also highlight the current federal funding opportunities that make solar more accessible to schools.
First Student, the electric school bus provider, will highlight key opportunities electric school buses provide and the potential for Steelton-Highspire to become a resiliency hub for the community.
Registration Deadline: Friday, April 21
Agenda at a glance:
- Opening Remarks
- Shannon Crooker, Pennsylvania Director, Generation180
- PA House Representative Elizabeth Fiedler, Solar for Schools Grant Program (HB137)
- PA House Representative Dave Madsen, Steelton-Highspire Local Representative
- Steelton-Highspire’s Journey to Energy Independence
- Mick Iskric, Superintendent of Steelton-Highspire School District
- Alyssa Wingenfield, McClure Company
- Steelton-Highspire’s Transition to Electric School Buses
- Mark Carnes, Steelton-Highspire School District
- First Student
- Closing Remarks