Electrify Your Ride is a national campaign working to make electric vehicles more accessible for all. We host educational events, empower EV owners to become EV ambassadors in their communities, partner with regional and national influencers, and support clean energy policy.
Whether you’re just learning about electric vehicles or you’re looking to help spread the word, you can find a way to plug in below and help accelerate the arrival of a 100% clean energy future.
National Going Electric Pledge
We just launched a new sweepstakes to – literally – get your motor running. Electric motor that is. The National Going Electric Pledge is a campaign to encourage all Americans to ‘say yes’ to making their next car, truck, or SUV electric. Help us accelerate broad support for electric vehicle driving by signing the Pledge and spreading the word.
Switching to an electric car is one of the most impactful things you can do to reduce carbon pollution. While over 15 million new vehicles were sold in the US last year, less than 6% were electric. You can help change that.
Research shows, when you take climate action, people you know are more likely to take action too. The Pledge Sweepstakes is open May 15 – September 30, 2023. We hope you sign the pledge today to make your ride electric.ENTER HERE
Generation180 is working with the following promotional partners to help amplify the National Going Electric Pledge: EVHybridNoire, GreenLatinos, Veloz, Virginia Clean Cities, and Drive Electric USA, a cohort of Clean Cities Coalitions.
your voice matters
Be an EV Ambassador within your community
It’s no secret that the most effective advocates for electric cars are EV owners themselves. That’s why Gen180 wants to inspire and equip owners like you to be even more impactful as you drive awareness and adoption of EVs in your neighborhoods, communities, and networks.
Take a look and see how you can be a voice for change in your community.
North Carolina Drives Electric 2022 Report
The North Carolina Drives Electric report provides a “State of the State” of electric vehicles in North Carolina. Read the report to learn about the benefits of EVs, barriers to adoption, and how you can help.
- 65% of North Carolinians have a positive perception of electric vehicles
- 52% of North Carolinians are likely to consider buying an EV for their next car purchase.
- 75% of North Carolinians ranked savings on maintenance and fuel costs as the #1 influence factor when considering a future EV purchase.
- 67% of North Carolinians think it is important for North Carolina to reduce its dependence on fossil fuels and transition to clean energy.
- 69% of North Carolinians support North Carolina offering an EV incentive.
- 55% of North Carolinians reported new jobs and economic development opportunities would be a factor when considering the purchase of an electric vehicle.
Virginia Drives Electric Report Update
The Virginia Drives Electric 2022 report update found Virginians are overwhelmingly in favor of clean energy and electric mobility. Read the report to learn more.
- 73% of Virginians think it is important for Virginia to reduce its dependence on fossil fuels and transition to clean energy.
- 68% of Virginians have a positive view of electric vehicles.
- 55% of Virginians are likely to consider an electric vehicle for their next car.
- 55% of Virginians indicated that the potential for new jobs and economic developments in Virginia would be a factor when considering the purchase of an electric vehicle.
- 69% of Virginians support Virginia offering an EV incentive.
Electrify Your Ride Event Series
Join Generation180 each month as we learn about electrifying transportation. We promise not another boring power point presentation, these events are fun and informative; you might even be inspired to make your next car an electric car! These online events are open to EV owners, EV advocates, and the EV curious alike.
We’ll hear from a wide range of panelists, from experts in the industry to your neighbor who drives electric. Thought-provoking conversations and opportunities to connect are all on the menu. So check out the calendar and join us!
Generation180 is proud to be a Friend in support of Forth, whose mission is to accelerate the use of smart transportation to move people and goods in a more efficient, cleaner and equitable way.
Generation180 is a member of the Towards Equitable Electric Mobility (TEEM) Community of Practice. TEEM consists of a peer-to-peer community of advocates to share policy goals, build capacity, and develop a mutual commitment towards advancing racial equity in electric mobility and climate change goals.
Generation180 is a member of the Global Electric Vehicle Alliance (GEVA), a network of national electric drivers’ associations from around the globe. GEVA facilitates global collaboration on best practices, policies, education, and other EV related initiatives.
Generation180 is a member of DRIVE Electric USA, a group of diverse stakeholders, including Clean Cities Coalitions from fourteen states, OEMs, and other committed partners. DRIVE Electric USA works to develop state-based programs to engage individuals, utilities, legislators, and dealerships toward removing adoption barriers and accelerating plug-in electric vehicle use.
Generation180 is a participant in SETRI is a voluntary, non-partisan, independent electric transportation market development collaboration of stakeholders that include vehicle manufactures, charging station providers, supply chain companies, electric utilities, fleet managers, universities, Clean Cities coalitions, governmental agencies, and non-profit organizations.